Monday, March 8, 2010

My Funny Valentine

Okay so I know Valentines Day has come and gone, however, my husband went above and beyond the call of duty making Valentines super special for me. I mean it was our first valentines day being married! But come to think of it he has ALWAYS gone all out on cupids holiday. Valentine's day has always been a big deal in our family. Ever since i was a wee one in diapers when my dad brought flowers home for mom I cried because he did'nt bring me anything... and yes that NEVER happened again! hahaha (only child syndrom maybe?) So I guess you could say I have always celebrated Valentines day as a day that symbolizes love but I never got to celebrate it "romantically" until Josh came along! God blessed me with a man who knows how to celebrate the day that's for sure! (and yes my family still gets gifts for eachother...its tradition now...any tradition involving presents I am all for!)

I have to say I have never been one to hate valentines day, even all those years I was single. I admit it, I love those conversation hearts, valentines day cards and all the balloons and red and pink in the grocery stores. I never thought of it as a "single awareness day" I guess I consider it to be like hanakuh...Im not Jewish or anything so I dont celebrate it, but that doesnt mean I dont enjoy eating a latkah when offered! Valentines Day is a day to have fun and really if anything think about what true love is. Even if you don't have a special valentine its a good time to remember how much your family loves you, how much you love your family and most importantly the unconditional love God has for you...and in reality thats the best reason to celebrate, He's like the ultimate Valentine!

So here is some pictures from what my hubby did for me. He filled our entire house with like 300 helium balloons! he tied all of them by hand (later i told him about balloon clips!) and he got me beautiful flowers and a box of my favorite Sees Candy! It was very romantic. Last year while we were engaged he filled my entire car up with balloons so natuarally he thought "Hey Im gonna fill up our house!" very sweet. So although its late, I thought you might enjoy to take a peek into one of my favorite holidays.













PROOF THAT WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN! LOL AND YES IT WAS FUN POPPING THEM DURING CLEAN UP!

4 comments:

Kristi said...

I love it Bethany!! or should I say Josh!! Adorable!!
How sweet was that? Good thinking Josh!!
Love you both!!

Josh & Bethany said...

Kristi!

We love you lots! When are you gonna have that baby?? haha no pressure :O)

Your the bestest!
muah! XOXO

Sheri Twing said...

What a wonderful hubby! That is so sweet! You two are just too adorable. Thank you for sharing your special moments with us!

Now...go get my sister and make her run around the block or jump up and down or something so she'll have that baby tonight!

Kristi said...

Bethany...I'm gonna tell you what I tell Ash...if you call me Kristi again, I will not respond to you. It's T!!! haha!! Love ya!!