Monday, December 15, 2008

On the 9th Day of Christmas my true love gave to meeeeee...Ooooey Goooey Gumdrops!

Ahhhhh!!! I can smell them in the oven, baking ever so perfectly. Oooey gooey centers and gummy gum gumdrops....Yes its time for tradition number 9. Mom's Gumdrop Cookies. Every year we make this yummy treat for Christmas..they are oh so good!!! First we have to cut up the gumdrops (minus the black ones.. those are for South Pole elfs) we put them in flour so they dont stick together and we cut them with scissors. Its so much fun because we sit and talk while we do it...eat a few gumdrops too :O) These cookies are more than jsut yummy .. they have so many memories... Whenever I taste one I get that warm fuzzy feeling all over because I know how much love is in them and its a family tradition.. My Grandma makes them and she taught my mom and my mom taught me.... anyways.. I am sure you all have your favorite holiday treats so go and enjoy!!!
NOTE: I would like to make a note that Holly and I no longer acknowledge the word "cookie" seeing as it does not make sense. You do not Cook a "cookie" you cook a meatloaf or a pot roast and you BAKE a cookie... so From now on we will be referring to the so-called cookie as
"BAKIE"







ExOh!
Bethany

2 comments:

Loushoe said...

lol, you are so hilarious. But I am so mad at you for making them as soon as I left. You know there my favorite!! And now your not sharing.. Well im sure Jake is mad too cause gumdrops are his favorite. And your sneaky cause I know it was as soon as I left lol..

Holly Furtado said...

Bahahahaha!! I'm glad "bakie" has stuck with us all this time. You're lovely :)